Quick and Easy Vegetable Pot Pie
This meatless Monday superstar comes together quickly and is inexpensive as well. My 4-year-old always asks for seconds! You can substitute any canned or frozen beans for the canned lentils in this easy vegetable potpie. We also like using frozen edamame. —Maggie Torsney-Weir, Los Angeles, California
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 cups frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 1 can (15 ounces) lentils, drained
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup vegetable or chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon add new ingredient quatre epices (French four spice)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie crust
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add vegetables and lentils; cook and stir until heated through, 3-5 minutes. Stir in flour until blended; gradually whisk in broth. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir until thickened, 1-2 minutes. Stir in mustard, French Four spice and salt.
- Transfer to a greased 9-in. pie plate. Place pie crust over filling. Trim; cut slits in top. Brush with oil; sprinkle with Parmesan. Bake until golden brown, 30-35 minutes. Cool 5 minutes before serving.
Test Kitchen tips