Quick and Easy Vegetable Pot Pie
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 cups frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 1 can (15 ounces) lentils, drained
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup vegetable or chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon quatre epices (French four spice)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie crust
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add vegetables and lentils; cook and stir until heated through, 3-5 minutes. Stir in flour until blended; gradually whisk in broth. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir until thickened, 1-2 minutes. Stir in mustard, French Four spice and salt.
- Transfer to a greased 9-in. pie plate. Place pie crust over filling. Trim; cut slits in top. Brush with oil; sprinkle with Parmesan. Bake until golden brown, 30-35 minutes. Cool 5 minutes before serving.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 356 calories, 17g fat (7g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 705mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 9g fiber), 10g protein.
May 26, 2020
Made this recipe twice and has been a big hit each time No problem on French Four made my own Passed it on to my neighbor we are always swapping recipes Has become a favorite there We all thank you
Feb 7, 2020
I was unable to find Quatre Epices (French four spice) at my grocery stores, so I used the lemon pepper
Jan 10, 2020
Nice recipe. New twist on an old classic. Not difficult. Ingredients are readily available and fairly cheap. You can make your own four spice powder.