This was the house dressing at a small restaurant near our home. When it closed, the owner graciously shared the recipe with me. It's fast to whip up on short notice.
Recommended: 40 Condiments You Can Make at Home
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup cider vinegar
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 garlic clove
- Salad greens and fresh vegetables of your choice
- Place the first 10 ingredients on a blender; cover and process until smooth and creamy. Serve with salad. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 3-1/4 cups.
Originally published as Favorite French Dressing in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2003, p243