Quick and Easy Corn Salsa Recipe
- 3 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 5 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 2/3 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In another bowl, whisk the vinegar, oil, mustard, salt, pepper sauce, pepper and cayenne. Stir in cilantro. Drizzle over corn mixture and toss to coat.
- 2. Chill until serving. Serve with your favorite snack chips or grilled meats. Yield: 5 cups.
1/4 cup: 50 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 119mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch.
Reviews for Quick and Easy Corn Salsa
"My husband and I are so totally hooked on this! It doesn't last long, and I should probably make a double batch every time! I've taken it to work with me for lunch, along with some tortilla chips."