Quick and Crunchy Chicken Salad Recipe
When I was first married, I experimented with a lot of recipes. I guess I got carried away. My husband told me that although he enjoyed trying new recipes, sometimes he'd like to have something familiar. I've arrived at a happy medium since then. This is one "test" that's become a favorite!
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup cider or white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 3 cups coarsely chopped cooked chicken
- 2 cups shredded green or Chinese cabbage
- 1 cup fresh snow peas, halved
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup sliced radishes
- Salted peanuts, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients; mix well. Stir in the chicken. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Just before serving, toss cabbage, peas, carrots, onions and radishes in a serving bowl; top with the chicken mixture. Sprinkle with peanuts if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 cup: 235 calories, 14g fat (2g saturated fat), 47mg cholesterol, 299mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 2g fiber), 17g protein.
Reviews for Quick and Crunchy Chicken Salad
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC