- 1 package (12 ounces) fettuccine
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- 3 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in flour until blended. Gradually stir in cream. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly.
- Add broccoli. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 7-10 minutes or until broccoli is crisp-tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in the ham, 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, garlic salt, pepper, oregano and nutmeg. Drain fettuccine; top with sauce. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forQuick and Creamy Ham Fettuccini
"I've been making this recipe for a few years now since it was published in S&D. It is a great go-to family friendly recipe for us. Our family likes broccoli and ham so it's a keeper. I use bow-tie pasta instead and I like the way the bow-ties hold onto the sauce. Excellent!"
"This dish is really yummy! The alfredo sauce beats any store bought version and it doesn't take too many ingredients."