Quick and Creamy Ham Fettuccini
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 package (12 ounces) fettuccine
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- 3 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in flour until blended. Gradually stir in cream. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly.
- Add broccoli. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 7-10 minutes or until broccoli is crisp-tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in the ham, 1/2 cup cheese, garlic salt, pepper, oregano and nutmeg. Drain fettuccine; serve with sauce. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 808 calories, 59g fat (35g saturated fat), 213mg cholesterol, 1102mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 3g fiber), 25g protein.
Aug 14, 2011
I've been making this recipe for a few years now since it was published in S&D. It is a great go-to family friendly recipe for us. Our family likes broccoli and ham so it's a keeper. I use bow-tie pasta instead and I like the way the bow-ties hold onto the sauce. Excellent!
Jun 16, 2009
This dish is really yummy! The alfredo sauce beats any store bought version and it doesn't take too many ingredients.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.