These homemade goodies are simple enough for my children to help with. Sprinkled with cinnamon-sugar, the yummy crescents are perfect with hot cocoa on a chilly morning.—Mindee Erickson, St. George, Utah
Recommended: 45 Breads That Will Inspire You to Bake This Fall
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon, divided
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted, divided
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large bowl, whisk the first six ingredients; stir in 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon. In another bowl, whisk pumpkin, oil and brown sugar; stir into flour mixture just until moistened.
- In a small bowl, mix sugar and remaining cinnamon; reserve 2 teaspoons cinnamon-sugar for topping. Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface; knead gently 10 times. Divide in half; roll each portion into a 10-in. circle. Brush each circle with 1 tablespoon melted butter; sprinkle with 2 teaspoons cinnamon-sugar. Cut each into eight wedges. Roll up wedges from the wide ends. Place 1 in. apart on a greased baking sheet, point side down; curve to form crescents. Brush tops with remaining butter; sprinkle with reserved cinnamon-sugar.
- Bake 9-11 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pan to a wire rack; serve warm. Yield: 16 rolls.
Originally published as Quick & Easy Pumpkin Crescents in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2014