- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 jar (14 ounces) pizza sauce
- 10 slices Jones Dairy Farm Canadian Bacon (about 6 ounces), coarsely chopped
- 2 packages (6-1/2 ounces each) pizza crust mix
- 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 4 ounces sliced pepperoni
- Preheat oven to 425°. In a large skillet, cook beef, pepper and onion over medium heat 8-10 minutes or until beef is no longer pink, breaking up beef into crumbles; drain. Stir in pizza sauce and Canadian bacon; remove from heat.
- Prepare dough for pizza crust according to package directions. Press dough to fit bottom and 1 in. up sides of a greased 13x9-in. baking pan.
Spoon meat sauce into crust. Sprinkle with cheese; top with pepperoni. Bake, covered, 25 minutes. Uncover; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until crust and cheese are golden brown.
Freeze option: Cool meat sauce before assembling pizza. Securely cover and freeze unbaked pizza. To use, bake frozen pizza, covered with foil, in a preheated 425° oven 25 minutes. Uncover; bake 15-20 minutes longer or until golden brown and heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forQuick & Easy Deep Dish Pizza
"My husband and I made this for dinner tonight and we loved it! We used homemade pizza dough, but otherwise followed the recipe. Great recipe!"
"I will use ground Italian sausage instead of ground beef."
"This was a great recipe, and very simple to execute. The only change I made was making my own pizza crust. I also opted for turkey pepperoni to save some calories. It was very well received by my husband, toddler, and preschooler. It's being added to the regular meal rotation list!"
"Very good and well received. Next time I will try using ground sausage instead or addition to the ground beef."
"Recipe saved! Only change I'd make is **making my own pizza crust***."