- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (30 ounces) frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cups crushed cornflakes
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, mix sour cream, condensed soup, salt and pepper; stir in potatoes, cheese and onion. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish.
- In a small bowl, mix crushed cornflakes and melted butter; sprinkle over potato mixture. Bake, uncovered, 50-60 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 12 servings (3/4 cup each).
Reviews forQuick & Easy au Gratin Potatoes
"I used two large chopped onions in this dish (my family loves onions). Also used cream of celery soup that was what I had on hand. This was very good, my husband said I could make this anytime (he was on his 3rd helping)."
"Been making this forever and love it. You can use fresh shredded potatoes, just cook it at least 15 minutes longer."
"I have made a recipe similar to this for many years. Mine doesn't have the corn flakes, so I thought I would try it. I really liked the crunch. Great idea."
"I won a local cooking contest with this very same recipe 30 years ago. The only difference being that I grate my onion instead of chopping it. It typically receives raves wherever I take it and often have to pass out the recipe."