Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 1 pound uncooked chorizo
- 2 cups fresh or frozen corn, thawed
- 1 large red onion, chopped
- 1 poblano pepper, chopped
- 8 ounces fresh goat cheese, crumbled
- 2 cups cubed Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup cubed pepper jack cheese
- 1 large tomato, seeded and chopped
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- Blue corn tortilla chips
- Preheat oven to 350°. Crumble chorizo into a 10-in. cast-iron or other ovenproof skillet; add corn, red onion and pepper. Cook over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until meat is fully cooked; drain. Stir in the cheeses.
- Bake until bubbly, 14-16 minutes. Sprinkle with tomato and green onions. Serve with chips.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup (calculated without chips): 161 calories, 12g fat (6g saturated fat), 38mg cholesterol, 365mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 9g protein.
Aug 3, 2017
This was amongst the best queso fundido recipes I've come across.
Nov 9, 2012
All I have to say is WOW. I am bringing this dip to a girls' night out gathering this evening. It is incredibly cheesy and the poblano pepper and pepper jack cheese spice it up nicely (I think next time I will add a jalepeno pepper instead, though). My husband cannot stop eating it! Thanks for a great recipe!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.