Perfect your next game day gathering, this recipe combines the great flavors of jalapeno and cheddar smoked sausage, black beans and salsa verde. All it takes is a few simple steps to create a creamy, crowd-pleasing dip.
- 1 package (14 ounces) Johnsonville® Jalapeno and Cheese Smoked Sausage, finely diced
- 1 - 8oz. package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 can (15 ounces) Bush's Black Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup salsa verde
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Tortilla chips
- Fresh jalapeno peppers, tomatoes, cilantro or lime wedge (optional garnish)
- In a large bowl, blend softened cream cheese and sour cream until smooth.
- Add diced sausage, black beans, shredded cheese, salsa and garlic; mix gently to combine.
- Transfer to a 2 quart slow cooker. Cover and cook on LOW for 2-1/2 hours, or until heated through, stirring every 30 minutes. Reduce heat to WARM to hold for serving.
- Serve with tortilla chips. If desired, garnish with jalapenos, tomatoes, cilantro or a squeeze of fresh lime juice. Yield: 12 servings
Originally published as Queso Blanco & Black Bean Slow Cooker Dip in Johnsonville® Sausage 2018