Red raspberries and heart-shaped croutons make this salad from our Test Kitchen perfect for Valentine's Day. The creamy dressing hints of Dijon and lemon.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 slices whole wheat bread
- 4-1/2 teaspoons butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups torn salad greens
- 1 jar (7-1/2 ounces) marinated artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons tarragon vinegar
- For croutons, cut bread into hearts with a 1-in. heart-shaped cookie cutter. In a bowl, combine butter, garlic powder, dill and salt. Add the bread hearts; toss to coat. Place in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 3 minutes on each side.
- On two salad plates, arrange the greens, artichokes, raspberries and croutons. In a bowl, combine sugar, lemon juice, vinegar and salt. Add mustard, garlic and pepper. Slowly whisk in oil. Drizzle over salads. Serve immediately.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.