Select your favorite ingredients to fill these easy-to-assemble pizza pockets formed with frozen dinner rolls.
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + rising Bake: 20 min.
- 1 package (48 ounces) frozen dinner roll dough, thawed
- 1 can (15 ounces) pizza sauce
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped ripe olives, optional
- 32 pepperoni slices
- Vegetable oil
- For each calzone, press two dinner rolls together. On a lightly floured surface, roll dough into a 6x3-1/2-in. oval. Spread 1/4 cup sauce to within 1/2 in. of edge. Top with 1/4 cup cheese, 1 tablespoon green pepper, 1 to 2 teaspoons olives if desired and 4 pepperoni slices. Press two more rolls together and roll into a slightly larger oval. Place over filling; firmly press edges to seal. Cut another roll in half and roll out to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut a 3x1/4-in. strip. Place lengthwise down center of calzone. To form laces, cut four 1x1/8-in. strips; place across center strip. Cut two 4x1/4-in. pieces of dough. Place one across each end of calzone, curving to form a crescent shape. Transfer to a greased baking sheet. Lightly brush tops with oil. Cover and let rise in a warm place for 15 minutes. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 16-17 minutes or until golden brown. Cut calzones in half before serving.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.