- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 pound boneless quail breasts or boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs, toasted
- In a large skillet, saute mushrooms and onion in 2 tablespoons butter. Remove and set aside. In the same skillet, melt remaining butter; saute quail over medium heat for 8 minutes on each side or until juices run clear.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, heat and stir cream cheese and milk over low heat until smooth. Stir in sauteed mushrooms and onion. Sprinkle bread crumbs over both sides of quail; serve with mushroom sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forQuail with Mushroom Sauce
"this is delicious my son went quail hunting a wanted to find a really good recipe for them! well! this was it!! served with mashed potatoes and green beans it was a hit!!!"