Total TimePrep: 45 min. + chilling
- 1 jar (12-1/4 ounces) caramel ice cream topping
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 36 butter-flavored crackers
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- In a microwave-safe bowl, heat the caramel topping and pecans on high for 5-7 minutes, stirring frequently until mixture is thickened. Cool for 5 minutes. Place the crackers on waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Spoon 1 teaspoon caramel mixture over each cracker. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip the bottom of each cracker in chocolate; shake off excess. Place caramel side down on waxed paper-lined pans. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until set. Store in an airtight container.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts2 cups: 90 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 65mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Oct 20, 2016
I have made these for a few years now and they always came out nice. My family enjoys them also the people who have tried them. Don't know why slickchickyee had a problem with them saying the caramel runs all over..I put the ice cream topping in the frig till i get ready to use it.
Dec 20, 2015
Would not recommend making this, very MESSY! Caramel runs all over!