Total TimePrep: 45 min. + chilling
- 1 jar (12-1/4 ounces) caramel ice cream topping
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 36 butter-flavored crackers
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- In a microwave-safe bowl, heat the caramel topping and pecans on high for 5-7 minutes, stirring frequently until mixture is thickened. Cool for 5 minutes. Place the crackers on waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Spoon 1 teaspoon caramel mixture over each cracker. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip the bottom of each cracker in chocolate; shake off excess. Place caramel side down on waxed paper-lined pans. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until set. Store in an airtight container.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts2 cups: 90 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 65mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Oct 20, 2016
I have made these for a few years now and they always came out nice. My family enjoys them also the people who have tried them. Don't know why slickchickyee had a problem with them saying the caramel runs all over..I put the ice cream topping in the frig till i get ready to use it.
Dec 20, 2015
Would not recommend making this, very MESSY! Caramel runs all over!