Instead of offering dinner guests an ordinary lettuce salad, serve this zesty vegetable dish! With pepperoncinis, anchovy fillets, olives and artichoke hearts, each colorful bite is brimming with flavor.—Gretchen Barnes, Fairfax, Virginia
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 6 medium tomatoes, quartered
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 jar (7-1/2 ounces) marinated quartered artichoke hearts, drained
- 1 cup chopped cucumber
- 2/3 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup pitted Greek olives, chopped
- 1/2 cup pepperoncini
- 1/3 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/3 cup minced fresh basil
- 5 anchovy fillets, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seed, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the first ten ingredients. In a small bowl, whisk the remaining ingredients. Pour over tomato mixture; toss to coat. Serve with a slotted spoon.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 111 calories, 8g fat (1g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 486mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1 fat.
Originally published as Puttanesca Salad in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2010
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.