- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- CREAM CHEESE FROSTING:
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pecan halves, optional
- In a large bowl, beat the pumpkin, sugar, eggs and oil until well blended. Combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves, salt, ginger and nutmeg; gradually beat into pumpkin mixture until blended.
- Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. Bake at 350° for 55-65 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Add confectioners’ sugar and vanilla; beat until smooth. Frost top and sides of cake. Garnish with pecan halves if desired. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews forPurple-Ribbon Pumpkin Cake
"Everyone loved this cake!"
"Excellent Recipe..My 15 yr old Granddaughter is an expert with this recipe. Family favorite."
"This is the ONLY pumpkin cake recipe I use. I get requests for it all the time. In fact I'm making it for church tomorrow right now!"
"My family and friends love it!!"
"The best pumpkin cake ever!"
"My family loved it and I am making it the second time in 1 week for extended family."
"i added 1 tea of pumpkin spice as well and it is my preachers favorite-- i would make it all of the time if i can only keep pumpkin on hand"
"Will definitely make this for Thanksgiving. Very tasty and simple."