Puppy Dog Cookie Pops
Total TimePrep: 1 hour + standing
Makes20 cookie pops
- 1 package (14 ounces) light cocoa candy melts
- 20 Oreo cookies
- 20 lollipop sticks
- 1/3 cup white baking chips, melted
- 40 miniature semisweet chocolate chips (about 1 teaspoon)
- Chocolate jimmies
- 1/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips, melted
- 20 large marshmallows, halved
- Sweetened shredded coconut, toasted
- Finely chopped pecans, toasted
- 20 semisweet chocolate chips (about 1 tablespoon)
- Pink paste food coloring
- In a microwave, melt candy melts; stir until smooth. Twist apart cookies. Dip the end of a lollipop stick into melted coating and place on a cookie half; replace cookie top. Repeat. Place pops on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet; refrigerate for 10 minutes or until set.
- Reheat candy melts if necessary; dip a cookie pop in coating and allow excess to drip off. Insert stick into a styrofoam block to stand. Repeat.
- Using melted white chips, attach miniature chocolate chips to faces for eyes; add jimmies for eyebrows. Roll marshmallow halves in coconut and pecans; using melted chocolate, attach marshmallow halves for ears and chocolate chips for noses. Using remaining melted chocolate, pipe mouths. Tint remaining melted white chips pink; pipe tongues. Let stand until set.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie pop: 219 calories, 10g fat (7g saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 80mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Puppy Dog Cookie Pops in Kids Party Food/Good Food for Kids 2012