Pumpkin Yeast Bread
Total TimePrep: 5 min. Bake: 3-4 hours
Makes1 loaf, 16 slices (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons water (70° to 80°)
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2-3/4 cups bread flour
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- In bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available.
- Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed).
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 121 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 150mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 21, 2011
My family loves this bread.
Oct 29, 2009
My husband adored this recipe! If you are expecting pumpkin pie, it's not that, but is a very light tasting bread with just the right amount of spices. I cut down the ginger by just a bit. The house smelled heavenly as I made this!
Jun 20, 2009
I made this bread and was very disappointed in the taste....it left a strange after-taste in my mouth and my family asked me not to make it again.