- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh gingerroot
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 48 wonton wrappers
- Oil for frying
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2/3 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2/3 cup evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- For filling, in a large bowl, beat the first seven ingredients until blended. Place a tablespoon of filling in the center of each wonton wrapper. (Keep remaining wrappers covered with a damp paper towel until ready to use.) Moisten edges with water; top with another wonton wrapper. Pinch edges with a fork to seal. Repeat with remaining wrappers and filling.
- In an electric skillet, heat 1 in. of oil to 375°. Fry wontons, a few at a time, for 30-60 seconds on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
- For sauce, in a small saucepan, combine the brown sugar, corn syrup and butter. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; boil for 1 minute, without stirring. Remove from the heat. Let stand for 5 minutes. Stir in remaining ingredients. Serve with ravioli. Yield: 12 servings (2 cups sauce).
Reviews forPumpkin Wontons with Butterscotch Sauce
"These are great!! I also made them baked. Brushed a little melted butter with maple syrup over the top, sprinkle lightly with a little sugar and bake. Either way, they're fantastic."
"Fantastic recipe! My family and I made these last night as a 'test run' for turkey Day. They have definitely made the cut! I did make a couple minor adjustments though. I am not a huge sweets fan, so I added one extra ounce of cream cheese, doubled the gingerroot and added a bit of nutmeg. The result was amazing! Sweet, but not too sweet - and just the right amount of zing.I did cheat on the sauce. I ended up buying a jar of butterscotch caramel sauce, warming it up a bit and drizzling it over the wontons. YUM YUM YUM!!!This recipe is super easy and fun for the whole family to make. My boys loved them!!!"
"So, so good! Excellent recipe! Don't know why some people have to be so rude to others. Shame on you!"
"Delicious!!! Everyone loved them. I'd make them again in a heartbeat."
"Loris kitchen....who really cares? This isn't a gripe session website, this is a recipe website...so, you are not using it properly either....practice what you preach!!! What is the big deal anyway? Maybe you need to look for a "chill pill" recipe..."
"@ marthalynnchr: You need to read my entry again because you STILL DON'T GET IT. Your post: "OMG! I am so making these for Thanksgiving! blah blah blah"... Again YOU CAUSED THIS RECIPE TO HAVE A LOW RATING AND HAVEN'T EVEN TRIED THE RECIPE. Perhaps YOU should go to another website since you don't know how to properly use this one!"
"I will make this recipe for Thanksgiving. It sounds great with the homemade butterscotch sauce."
"How would i go about making the "strings" that are shown on the recipe picture to garnish these wontons? Thank you."
"OMG! I am so making these for Thanksgiving! Thank you for sharing~"
"Lori's kitchen, Don't be such a b****! If you don't like what is being said, then go to another website...NO ONE needs your attitude!!!!"