Pumpkin Vegetable Stew
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 40 min.
Makes6 servings (2 quarts)
- 4 cups cubed peeled pumpkin or winter squash
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 cups fresh cut green beans (1-inch pieces)
- 1 cup fresh or frozen corn
- 1/2 cup sliced onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large saucepan, combine all the ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 40-45 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
Nutrition Facts1-1/3 cups: 83 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 109mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 vegetable.
Oct 7, 2019
SO Simple! I opted for adding beef stew meat with this to make it a full meal and it was very tasty! I also made it in the pressure cooker to save sometime on a busy weeknight. Worked great!
Nov 19, 2014
I swapped out the chicken broth for vegetable broth to make this a vegetarian dish. Using diced tomatoes with green chiles gives it a nice spicy kick too. My only gripe is about how difficult it is to peel and cut a raw pumpkin for prep as well as how long that process takes. I've made this recipe several times, and that part never gets easier, unfortunately.
Oct 31, 2012
I made this last evening and my family raved over it. I did add 1 cup of chicken breast to it.