Pumpkin Streusel Cupcakes
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 1 package spice cake mix (regular size)
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, water, eggs and pumpkin. Beat on low speed just until moistened. Beat on medium for 2 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine brown sugar and cinnamon; cut in butter until crumbly. Fill paper-lined muffin cups one-fourth full with batter. Drop streusel by heaping teaspoonfuls into center of each cupcake. Cover with remaining batter.
- Bake at 350° for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the cake portion comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until fluffy. Add confectioners’ sugar and vanilla; beat until smooth. Frost cupcakes. Store in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts1 cupcake: 204 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 46mg cholesterol, 213mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (23g sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein.
Sep 12, 2017
Excellent! This pumpkin cupcake recipe, Super moist and full of flavour! Love it! Thanks for sharing this nice cake recipe.https://www.cakengifts.in/cake-delivery-in-paschim-vihar-delhihttps://www.cakengifts.in/cake-delivery-in-okhla-industrial-area-delhi
Oct 15, 2013
These were okay. Brought them to school and my students liked them. I did frost them and put an m ' m candy on top. However the streusel didn't cook up real well at first and I had to put them back in the oven to get it to cook. Probably wouldn't make it again.
Sep 18, 2013
Have not tried yet but I will. After reading the reviews can someone explain what pasta has to do with this recipe?
Oct 2, 2012
Cast iron king. I wonder why it didn't taste like pumpkin bread. Maybe cause you didn't use pumplin? It tasted like burnt pasta because you used pasta and ovebaked it. Perhaps you should make the recipe as is before you make irrelevant comments
Dec 14, 2011
Made these right before Thanksgiving and everyone loved them!
Nov 30, 2011
12 for dinner and after there were none left. will for sure make these again. left off the frosting and served as muffins
Nov 22, 2011
I totally agree with herewegoagain! I made these with leftover macaroni instead of pumpkin and cooked them about twenty minutes longer than called for and they just tasted like burnt pasta--not like pumpkin bread at all!!! I thought maybe the frosting would cover up the burnt taste, so I made I made it with maple syrup instead of cream cheese. Blech!!! The whole thing ended up tasting like blackened rye pancakes. Not something I want to serve to my family if I want them to still love me! I will NOT make this recipe again!!!! It should be banned from this site!
Nov 22, 2011
made with apple filling insted of pumpkin and did not like at all will not make again and the cupcakes did not come out of the pan good came apart
Nov 20, 2011
The streusel seems a little to moist and the cupcakes are stuck to the papers and fall apart. these were really fussy for something that tastes exactly like pumpkin bread. I won't make them again.
Nov 20, 2011
These taste great, but it was really fussy for something that tastes just like pumpkin bread. I don't think I will make them again.