Pumpkin Spiced Pudding Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups cold milk
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, divided
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- Additional pumpkin pie spice for garnish
- Gingersnaps, optional
- 1. In a bowl, combine milk, 1/2 cup cream, pudding mix and pie spice; whisk until thickened and smooth, about 2 minutes. Stir in pumpkin. Spoon into dessert dishes.
- 2. Whip the remaining cream until stiff peaks form; place a dollop on each serving of pudding. Sprinkle with pie spice. Serve with gingersnaps if desired. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 each: 249 calories, 17g fat (10g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 273mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Pumpkin Spiced Pudding
"I found this recipe while looking for something to do with leftover canned pumpkin. I agree with the other review, it was a little bland at first. I added 2T of brown sugar and 1t of vanilla. I also made sweetened whipped cream by adding 1 1/2T of powered sugar and 1/4t of vanilla to the whipping cream. We really enjoyed it. This recipe makes 4 pretty large servings."
"After combining the ingredients listed, I added some brown sugar, vanilla extract and cinnamon because it was a little bland. This is delicious, especially with ginger snaps. Keeper!"