Pumpkin Spice Sheet Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting Recipe
- 1 can (15 ounces) pumpkin
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup canola oil
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 24 candy pumpkins
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Grease a 15x10x1-in. pan.
- 2. Beat together first four ingredients. In another bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and spices; gradually beat into pumpkin mixture.
- 3. Transfer to prepared pan. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 20-25 minutes. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack.
- 4. For frosting, beat butter, cream cheese and vanilla until smooth. Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar. Spread over cake. If desired, top with candy pumpkins. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 24 servings.
1 piece: 346 calories, 17g fat (5g saturated fat), 48mg cholesterol, 184mg sodium, 48g carbohydrate (37g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Pumpkin Spice Sheet Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
"Really good stuff! I added extra 1tsp cinnamon & 1/4 tsp clover...cause I love spice. Also cut frosting recipe in half."
"This was the first time I've made a cake that didn't come out of a box. It was very easy and the taste was amazing! I did use a standard cake pan and it came out perfect. For the frosting, I did cut it back to 3 cups of powdered sugar, and it was very yummy but I think next time I will stop at two and taste and add if needed. I also used an 8oz package of cream cheese."
"Very good. The only thing I changed was to use 8oz of cream cheese instead of the 6oz as stated. I used the whole package & it turned out great. This is the 4th time I've made it, it's not around for too long."
"9 out of 10!"
"This is excellent, I did adjust to weigh my cake flour to sifted 7oz , minimized sugar to 1 1/4 cup, and oil to 3/4 cup.Love this recipe and it's now part of my recipe box!"
"This cake is awesome!! I made it for a family dessert and everyone loved it! They said I needed to make it again. Tastes great even without frosting. The frosting just makes it that much better! I thought that 4 cups of sugar for the frosting was too much sugar so I just added 2-2 1/2 cups. It was plenty sweet! I also substituted half the oil for applesauce and it came out moist and perfect! I did have to bake it for about another 10 minutes. This cake is more dense than other cakes but is still great!! Keeper if you love pumpkin! I know I do."
"AWESOME! I made it with gluten-free baking mix from our local kitchen specialty store for my friend, and it turned out wonderfully, and whoever tried it thought it was great. I had to make it in a 9x13 pan (and baked it for longer), because I forgot to use the gf stuff the first time around and so my 15x10 was in use. HA!"
"Works fine in a 13x9 pan. Took 25 minutes. Whole wheat flour works great.~ Theresa"
"I made this tonight and it is absolutely scrumptious. VERY moist..... I cheated and used canned frosting and sprinkled with nuts. Very Good!"
"Can this cake be baked in 9x13 pan?Also, how long should you beat the ingredients,Pumpkin, eggs, sugar, oil?/ How long to mix with a KA mixer? How long do you beat after you add the flour mixture??Thanks you to all who respond. New bakers/cooks have no idea how long "beat until well mixed is"."