Pumpkin Spice Sheet Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 1 can (15 ounces) pumpkin
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup canola oil
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 24 candy pumpkins
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease a 15x10x1-in. pan.
- Beat together first four ingredients. In another bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and spices; gradually beat into pumpkin mixture.
- Transfer to prepared pan. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 20-25 minutes. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack.
- For frosting, beat butter, cream cheese and vanilla until smooth. Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar. Spread over cake. If desired, top with candy pumpkins. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 346 calories, 17g fat (5g saturated fat), 48mg cholesterol, 184mg sodium, 48g carbohydrate (37g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Oct 31, 2017
Very disappointed - No pumpkin or spice taste and very heavy. Deleting this from my collection
Nov 30, 2014
Really good stuff! I added extra 1tsp cinnamon & 1/4 tsp clover...cause I love spice. Also cut frosting recipe in half.
Nov 6, 2014
This was the first time I've made a cake that didn't come out of a box. It was very easy and the taste was amazing! I did use a standard cake pan and it came out perfect. For the frosting, I did cut it back to 3 cups of powdered sugar, and it was very yummy but I think next time I will stop at two and taste and add if needed. I also used an 8oz package of cream cheese.
Oct 23, 2014
Very good. The only thing I changed was to use 8oz of cream cheese instead of the 6oz as stated. I used the whole package & it turned out great. This is the 4th time I've made it, it's not around for too long.
Oct 11, 2014
9 out of 10!
Sep 30, 2014
This is excellent, I did adjust to weigh my cake flour to sifted 7oz , minimized sugar to 1 1/4 cup, and oil to 3/4 cup.Love this recipe and it's now part of my recipe box!
Aug 25, 2014
This cake is awesome!! I made it for a family dessert and everyone loved it! They said I needed to make it again. Tastes great even without frosting. The frosting just makes it that much better! I thought that 4 cups of sugar for the frosting was too much sugar so I just added 2-2 1/2 cups. It was plenty sweet! I also substituted half the oil for applesauce and it came out moist and perfect! I did have to bake it for about another 10 minutes. This cake is more dense than other cakes but is still great!! Keeper if you love pumpkin! I know I do.
Oct 14, 2013
AWESOME! I made it with gluten-free baking mix from our local kitchen specialty store for my friend, and it turned out wonderfully, and whoever tried it thought it was great. I had to make it in a 9x13 pan (and baked it for longer), because I forgot to use the gf stuff the first time around and so my 15x10 was in use. HA!
Sep 23, 2013
Works fine in a 13x9 pan. Took 25 minutes. Whole wheat flour works great.~ Theresa
Sep 22, 2013
I made this tonight and it is absolutely scrumptious. VERY moist..... I cheated and used canned frosting and sprinkled with nuts. Very Good!