- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 cup steel-cut oats
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups water
- 1-1/2 cups 2% milk
- Optional toppings: toasted chopped pecans, ground cinnamon, and additional brown sugar and milk
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients; stir in water and milk. Transfer to a greased 3-qt. slow cooker. Cook, covered, on low 5-6 hours or until oats are tender, stirring once. Serve with toppings as desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forPumpkin Spice Oatmeal
"Super easy, great thick-and-creamy steel cut oat texture...my only issue was that it could stand to be a bit sweeter (I'm a slow-cooker, steel cut oat fanatic and most call for 1/4 c sugar or more for that much oats). However, that's easily remedied by adding your own extra sugar after it's done cooking - and also lets you customize/control how sweet it is. Will definitely make it again!"
"I found this recipe last night while looking for something else. It looked easy, and I had all the ingredients, so I put it together before going to bed. My 3-year-old has enjoyed pumpkin since he started eating solid food, and this was no exception. I had no difficulty getting him to eat his breakfast this morning. I found it to be a little bit rich, but overall, a very tasty breakfast."
"Pleasant flavor but more like a pudding than an oatmeal."