Pumpkin Spice Loaves
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 50 min. + cooling
Makes2 loaves (12 slices each)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup water
- Preheat oven to 350°. Whisk flours, sugars, baking soda, salt and spices. In another bowl, whisk pumpkin, oil, applesauce, maple syrup and water. Add to flour mixture; stir just until moistened.
- Transfer to two 8x4-in. loaf pans coated with cooking spray. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 50-60 minutes.
- Cool 10 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 142 calories, 4g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 158mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 10, 2019
I can't believe I am the first to review these! I made these loaves a couple of days ago to get something yummy in the freezer for school lunches again, and they are the best! I wasn't looking for a vegan recipe, and didn't even realize they were until I was almost finished mixing everything. I have to say, I was VERY skeptical that they would turn out because the batter was incredibly thick and seemed strange once I realized I hadn't added any dairy or eggs. However, they rose up beautifully, are the perfect texture, and not dry at all. They are so delicious! This is my new go-to for sure.