Pumpkin Spice Loaves
I have loved baking all my life, but when my mom made the choice to be vegan, I had to find new recipes. This one's a keeper! —Marisa Holt, Los Angeles, California
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 50 min. + cooling
Makes2 loaves (12 slices each)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup water
- Preheat oven to 350°. Whisk flours, sugars, baking soda, salt and spices. In another bowl, whisk pumpkin, oil, applesauce, maple syrup and water. Add to flour mixture; stir just until moistened.
- Transfer to two 8x4-in. loaf pans coated with cooking spray. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 50-60 minutes.
- Cool 10 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool.
For larger loaves: Prepare recipe as directed, using two 9x5-in. loaf pans. Bake in a preheated 350° oven until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 35-40 minutes. Yield: 2 loaves (12 slices each)
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 142 calories, 4g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 158mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 fat.
Originally published as Pumpkin Pecan Bread in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2017
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.