Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 30 min. + cooling
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup canola oil
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup raisins
- CREAM CHEESE FROSTING:
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- Preheat oven to 350°. Beat sugar, pumpkin, eggs and oil until well blended. In another bowl, whisk next seven ingredients; gradually beat into pumpkin mixture. Stir in raisins.
- Fill each of 24 paper-lined muffin cups with 1/4 cup plus 1 teaspoon batter. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 28-32 minutes. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- For frosting, beat butter and cream cheese until smooth. Beat in vanilla. Gradually add confectioners' sugar. Frost cupcakes; sprinkle with walnuts. Refrigerate.
Editor's NoteTo toast nuts, bake in a shallow pan in a 350° oven for 5-10 minutes or cook in a skillet over low heat until lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
Nutrition Facts1 cupcake: 313 calories, 16g fat (3g saturated fat), 41mg cholesterol, 187mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (31g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 5, 2017
Excellent cupcakes- Fabulous to make for the Fall baking season. The only change I made was substituting the raisens for chocolate chips.
Oct 27, 2015
This has become a solid part of my baking starting in the fall. I actually get asked to make them.
Sep 27, 2013
These are my go-to dessert for fall potlucks. They are so moist and yummy, everyone loves them. I have substituted dried cranberries for the raisins and pecans for the walnuts. I also added chopped pecans to the batter and put a whole pecan half on top of the cupcake, instead of chopped, less messy that way.
Dec 8, 2011
I'm diabetic and gluten intolerant, and it's not very often I can find a recipe that I can modify easily. I used rice flour and sugar substitute, and this recipe was still delicious!
Nov 26, 2011
my husband and daughter loved these. My husband doesn't normally like pumpkin flavor because he dislikes nutmeg. He loved these(they don't have nutmeg).
Nov 5, 2011
Loved them just as they are! Family favorite!
Nov 2, 2011
I made this for two seperate Halloween parties, and it was a hit at both. Great pumpkin flavor with just the right amount of spice, plus light and moist. Did not add the raisins or the walnuts, thought it would make it more like a muffin. Will use for mini loaves, with all ingredients. Have requests already for more!
Oct 27, 2011
I used gluten free all purpose flour, then followed the recipe from there and everyone loved them.
Oct 27, 2011
I skipped the icing both times I've made this recipe and the first time i forget to add the raisins but they were still good. the raisins add a nice nuance to the flavor and texture though and I'm sure the cream cheese frosting would too. Yum! Thanks for sharing.
Oct 27, 2011
My family loved the cupcakes!