Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting Recipe
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 2-1/2 cups sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 2-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add pumpkin. Combine flour, pie spice, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, baking soda and ginger; add to creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk, beating well after each addition.
- Fill 24 paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- For frosting, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until fluffy. Add confectioners’ sugar, vanilla and cinnamon; beat until smooth. Frost cupcakes. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews forPumpkin Spice Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting
"These are absolutely delicious. It is one of my favorite fall cakes to make. The cake has a nice spice and it's not dry. The cinnamon in the cream cheese frosting is the perfect finishing touch."
"I just made these and the frosting seems awfully dense......shouldn't there be some milk or half and half mixed in with conf sugar to make it light and fluffy?"
"Hello im about to make this recipe. One question can I use regular milk instead of buttermilk?"
"Hi - I'm about to try these out. Do you use salted or unsalted butter?Update: Used salted butter - these are the best cupcakes I have ever cooked by far, and I'm not even a pumpkin fan! The pumpkin flavor is light and it balances so well with the cinammon cream cheese frosting! Thank you so much - I will be making these every fall for the rest of my life"
"To Mary...I used salted butter and they turned out great. I only use unsalted if it's specified in the recipe."
"This recipe is absolute perfection. I brought The cupcakes to a bake sale at work and couldn’t have gotten better reviews. I used powdered buttermilk, mixed in with the dry ingredients rather than liquid buttermilk, but the consistency was excellent; perfectly moist. These are perfect for Fall and I will make them over and over."
"I used all organic ingredients. My husband gave these two thumbs up and said, 'intense pumpkin flavor!' Next time I make them, I will add raisins to the batter, and sprinkle crushed candied pecans over the frosting. Superb cupcakes and an easy recipe! Happy Fall, y'all!"
"So good I'm making these for my fall wedding!! Making sure the butter and cream cheese are at room temp helped ensure a silky smooth frosting. The spice level in both the frosting and the cupcake is spot on. The cupcakes have fresh, pure ingredients so they're heavier/denser than box mix cupcakes. These are on my Top 5 Cupcakes list!"
"These are the best!"
"I've made this recipe about five times and it comes out beautifully each time. I even made it for my sister's wedding and everyone loved it. The cupcakes are a little denser than a regular cupcake but i like them that way."