Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting Recipe
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 2-1/2 cups sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 2-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add pumpkin. Combine flour, pie spice, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, baking soda and ginger; add to creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk, beating well after each addition.
- 2. Fill 24 paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- 3. For frosting, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until fluffy. Add confectioners’ sugar, vanilla and cinnamon; beat until smooth. Frost cupcakes. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 each: 340 calories, 14g fat (8g saturated fat), 62mg cholesterol, 233mg sodium, 53g carbohydrate (41g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting
"I used all organic ingredients. My husband gave these two thumbs up and said, 'intense pumpkin flavor!' Next time I make them, I will add raisins to the batter, and sprinkle crushed candied pecans over the frosting. Superb cupcakes and an easy recipe! Happy Fall, y'all!"
"So good I'm making these for my fall wedding!! Making sure the butter and cream cheese are at room temp helped ensure a silky smooth frosting. The spice level in both the frosting and the cupcake is spot on. The cupcakes have fresh, pure ingredients so they're heavier/denser than box mix cupcakes. These are on my Top 5 Cupcakes list!"
"These are the best!"
"I've made this recipe about five times and it comes out beautifully each time. I even made it for my sister's wedding and everyone loved it. The cupcakes are a little denser than a regular cupcake but i like them that way."
"I made these for a bake sale, and they were a huge hit!"
"I made these a few weeks ago and have many requests for more and for the recipe. Making them this weekend for a pot luck dinner. Think I will make copies of the recipes to hand out, I know I'll be asked."
"My daughter won her cooking competition with these! They taste fantastic. Highly reccomend."
"The cupcakes and icing turned out great. I doubled the recipe but instead of using 5 cups of sugar for the cupcakes, I only used 3. It came out perfectly sweet with the 3 cups."
"Awesome taste. My family loved these. I had enough left over to make a small pumpkin loaf. Next time I am going to make this as loaves instead of cupcakes."