Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting Recipe
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 2-1/2 cups sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 2-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add pumpkin. Combine flour, pie spice, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, baking soda and ginger; add to creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk, beating well after each addition.
- Fill 24 paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- For frosting, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until fluffy. Add confectioners’ sugar, vanilla and cinnamon; beat until smooth. Frost cupcakes. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews forPumpkin Spice Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting
"These are the best!"
"I've made this recipe about five times and it comes out beautifully each time. I even made it for my sister's wedding and everyone loved it. The cupcakes are a little denser than a regular cupcake but i like them that way."
"I made these for a bake sale, and they were a huge hit!"
"I made these a few weeks ago and have many requests for more and for the recipe. Making them this weekend for a pot luck dinner. Think I will make copies of the recipes to hand out, I know I'll be asked."
"My daughter won her cooking competition with these! They taste fantastic. Highly reccomend."
"The cupcakes and icing turned out great. I doubled the recipe but instead of using 5 cups of sugar for the cupcakes, I only used 3. It came out perfectly sweet with the 3 cups."
"Awesome taste. My family loved these. I had enough left over to make a small pumpkin loaf. Next time I am going to make this as loaves instead of cupcakes."
"Delicious! I've made these several times and have taken to work. Everyone raves about them and comes looking for more! My children also love them! People who don't like pumpkin have tried them and say they are awesome!"
"After I submitted my review I saw it was for the Pumpkin Cupcakes and not the Pumpkin cookies!!!! So sorry! I did make these cupcakes also and they are scrumptious!"