Pumpkin Spice Cake Recipe
- 1 package (18-1/4 ounces) spice cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup cooked or canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Favorite cream cheese frosting or whipped cream
- 1. In a mixing bowl, combine cake mix, eggs, pumpkin, water, oil, pudding mix and cinnamon. Beat at medium speed for 5 minutes. Stir in pecans. Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. Bake at 350° for 45 to 55 minutes or until cake tests done. Let cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack. Frost cake or serve with whipped cream. Yield: 16-20 servings.
1 piece: 272 calories, 14g fat (3g saturated fat), 39mg cholesterol, 303mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Pumpkin Spice Cake
"easy, delicious and moist. Everyone loved it"
"Loved this - it was incredibly moist. I took it to a Halloween party last night and had 3 people tell me how delicious it was. It tasted more of a spice cake than pumpkin cake. I added a cream cheese frosting (4 oz. cream cheese, 3 T maple syrup, 1 1/2 c powdered sugar, 1 T milk) that I highly recommend adding on top. A keeper!!!"
"I have made this many times and it is always a hit. I just got through making it again. This time I had some left over canned frosting in the refrigerator . I mixed it with 2 heaping tablespoons of pumpkin spiced cream cheese. I did add 1 T. of milk for easier mixing. The pumpkin cream cheese frosting with the pumpkin spiced cake gets 5 stars and 2 thumbs up!"
"I have made this recipe twice and love it more each time. As requested by my daughter, I am now making it for a third time for her 16th birthday. Very easy and delicious."
"I want to use a 9 x 13 pan. How long should I bake it?"