Pumpkin Spice Cake Recipe
- 1 package (18-1/4 ounces) spice cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup cooked or canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Favorite cream cheese frosting or whipped cream
- 1. In a mixing bowl, combine cake mix, eggs, pumpkin, water, oil, pudding mix and cinnamon. Beat at medium speed for 5 minutes. Stir in pecans. Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. Bake at 350° for 45 to 55 minutes or until cake tests done. Let cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack. Frost cake or serve with whipped cream. Yield: 16-20 servings.
1 piece: 272 calories, 14g fat (3g saturated fat), 39mg cholesterol, 303mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Pumpkin Spice Cake
"I made these but realized I didn't have a spice cake mix but had a butter flavored cake mix. I added 1/4 tsp nutmeg and a dash of ground cloves to the batter because of my mistake. Well the mistake was absolutely delicious. I frosted with cream cheese frosting and they were gobbled uI will definitely make them again."
"easy, delicious and moist. Everyone loved it"
"Loved this - it was incredibly moist. I took it to a Halloween party last night and had 3 people tell me how delicious it was. It tasted more of a spice cake than pumpkin cake. I added a cream cheese frosting (4 oz. cream cheese, 3 T maple syrup, 1 1/2 c powdered sugar, 1 T milk) that I highly recommend adding on top. A keeper!!!"
"I hesitated to try this cake because I'm not fond of pumpkin, but this I like! It is easy to make; the spice cake mix is a great base. I usually love pecans but will leave them out next time -- I actually like the texture without the nuts. Used Cool Whip rather than cream cheese frosting or maple glaze which would have been too sweet for us. I set the timer for 45 minutes and it was absolutely done so will check earlier next time."
"I have made this many times and it is always a hit. I just got through making it again. This time I had some left over canned frosting in the refrigerator . I mixed it with 2 heaping tablespoons of pumpkin spiced cream cheese. I did add 1 T. of milk for easier mixing. The pumpkin cream cheese frosting with the pumpkin spiced cake gets 5 stars and 2 thumbs up!"
"I have made this recipe twice and love it more each time. As requested by my daughter, I am now making it for a third time for her 16th birthday. Very easy and delicious."
"I made this for Thanksgiving as a different pumpkin dessert and everyone loved it! My son rated it '6 stars out of 5' - his new favorite! I didn't frost it with a traditional frosting but used a simple powdered sugar glaze (maple flavored) instead. It really doesn't need dressed up with frosting and easily stands alone as a moist, flavorful cake. Great recipe!"