Pumpkin Seed Trail Mix
Our home economists combine a bounty of fall goodies to create this hearty, colorful snack mix.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min. + cooling
- 1 cup seeds from freshly cut pumpkin, washed and dried
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup roasted salted almonds
- 1 cup salted cashew halves
- 1 cup Reese's pieces
- 2/3 cup each raisins, golden raisins and dried cranberries
- In a large skillet, saute seeds in oil for 5 minutes or until lightly browned. Using a slotted spoon, transfer seeds to an ungreased 15x10x1-in. baking pan; spread into a single layer. Sprinkle with salt. Bake at 325° for 15-20 minutes or until crisp. Remove to paper towels to cool completely.
- In a large bowl, combine the almonds, cashews, Reese's pieces, raisins, golden raisins and dried cranberries. Add pumpkin seeds; toss to combine. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup: 170 calories, 10g fat (2g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 103mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Pumpkin Seed Trail Mix in Taste of Home Halloween Party Favorites 2006