Pumpkin Seed Trail Mix
Our home economists combine a bounty of fall goodies to create this hearty, colorful snack mix.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min. + cooling
- 1 cup seeds from freshly cut pumpkin, washed and dried
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup roasted salted almonds
- 1 cup salted cashew halves
- 1 cup Reese's pieces
- 2/3 cup each raisins, golden raisins and dried cranberries
- In a large skillet, saute seeds in oil for 5 minutes or until lightly browned. Using a slotted spoon, transfer seeds to an ungreased 15x10x1-in. baking pan; spread into a single layer. Sprinkle with salt. Bake at 325° for 15-20 minutes or until crisp. Remove to paper towels to cool completely.
- In a large bowl, combine the almonds, cashews, Reese's pieces, raisins, golden raisins and dried cranberries. Add pumpkin seeds; toss to combine. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup: 170 calories, 10g fat (2g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 103mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Pumpkin Seed Trail Mix in Taste of Home Halloween Party Favorites 2006
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.