Pumpkin Seed Cheese Ball
Save some of your home-roasted pumpkin seeds to coat this creamy onion spread from our home economists.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
Makes1 cheese ball (1-3/4 cups)
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup roasted fresh pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup unsalted sunflower kernels
- Assorted crackers or fresh vegetables
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes or until easy to handle. Meanwhile, on a plate, combine pumpkin seeds and sunflower kernels; set aside.
- Shape cream cheese mixture into a ball; gently roll in pumpkin seed mixture (lightly press seeds into cream cheese mixture if necessary). Wrap in plastic. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or until firm. Serve with crackers or vegetables.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 99 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 24mg cholesterol, 79mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Pumpkin Seed Cheese Ball in Taste of Home Halloween Party Favorites 2006
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.