Pumpkin Seed Baked Chicken
For a new coating on baked chicken, I use pumpkin seeds and cheese crackers to make it crunchy on the outside and super tender on the inside. —Nancy Heishman, Las Vegas, Nevada
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup finely crushed cheese crackers (about 1 cup whole)
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2/3 cup salted pumpkin seeds or pepitas, divided
- 1 large egg
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place first five ingredients and 3 tablespoons of the pumpkin seeds in a shallow bowl. Finely chop remaining pumpkin seeds; stir into cracker mixture. In another shallow bowl, whisk together egg, honey and lemon juice. Dip both sides of chicken in egg mixture, then in crumb mixture, patting to adhere.
- Bake on a greased baking sheet until a thermometer reads 165°, 30-35 minutes.
Nutrition Facts1 chicken breast half : 378 calories, 16g fat (4g saturated fat), 118mg cholesterol, 525mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 2g fiber), 42g protein.
Originally published as Baked Pumpkin Seed Chicken in Simple & Delicious October/November 2016
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.