Pumpkin Seed Baked Chicken
For a new coating on baked chicken, I use pumpkin seeds and cheese crackers to make it crunchy on the outside and super tender on the inside. —Nancy Heishman, Las Vegas, Nevada
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup finely crushed cheese crackers (about 1 cup whole)
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2/3 cup salted pumpkin seeds or pepitas, divided
- 1 large egg
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place first five ingredients and 3 tablespoons of the pumpkin seeds in a shallow bowl. Finely chop remaining pumpkin seeds; stir into cracker mixture. In another shallow bowl, whisk together egg, honey and lemon juice. Dip both sides of chicken in egg mixture, then in crumb mixture, patting to adhere.
- Bake on a greased baking sheet until a thermometer reads 165°, 30-35 minutes.
Nutrition Facts1 chicken breast half : 378 calories, 16g fat (4g saturated fat), 118mg cholesterol, 525mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 2g fiber), 42g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.