Pumpkin Rice Pudding
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 4 cups whole milk
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- In a large saucepan, combine the first seven ingredients. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly, over medium heat.
- Gradually whisk a small amount of hot mixture into eggs; return all to pan, whisking constantly. Bring to a gentle boil. Remove from heat. Stir in rice and vanilla.
- Pour into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Serve warm with ice cream if desired. Refrigerate leftovers.
Dec 24, 2010
Mine has been in a half an hour and its still juicy and not done
Nov 7, 2010
I had leftover rice and thought of trying rice pudding. It was great !! I added pecans and everyone loved it!
Nov 6, 2010
While I enjoyed this very much, it needed more rice to taste like a true rice pudding. Next time I make this, I will increase the rice to at least 4 cups. I also added raisins, dried cranberries, and slivered almonds to the mix.
Nov 5, 2010
I made this and thought I followed the recipe exact. For some reason, it took over an hour to get done. The texture and flavor just were not that great.
Oct 18, 2010
Delicious served with a dollop of whipped cream, or a light sprinkling of cinnamon- sugar.
Oct 16, 2010
Delicious!! And easy to make!! Good with ice cream or just by itself!!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.