Pumpkin Rice Pudding
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 4 cups whole milk
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- In a large saucepan, combine the first seven ingredients. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly, over medium heat.
- Gradually whisk a small amount of hot mixture into eggs; return all to pan, whisking constantly. Bring to a gentle boil. Remove from heat. Stir in rice and vanilla.
- Pour into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Serve warm with ice cream if desired. Refrigerate leftovers.
Dec 24, 2010
Mine has been in a half an hour and its still juicy and not done
Nov 7, 2010
I had leftover rice and thought of trying rice pudding. It was great !! I added pecans and everyone loved it!
Nov 6, 2010
While I enjoyed this very much, it needed more rice to taste like a true rice pudding. Next time I make this, I will increase the rice to at least 4 cups. I also added raisins, dried cranberries, and slivered almonds to the mix.
Nov 5, 2010
I made this and thought I followed the recipe exact. For some reason, it took over an hour to get done. The texture and flavor just were not that great.
Oct 18, 2010
Delicious served with a dollop of whipped cream, or a light sprinkling of cinnamon- sugar.
Oct 16, 2010
Delicious!! And easy to make!! Good with ice cream or just by itself!!