Pumpkin Raisin Cake
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 1 hour + cooling
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 2 cups uncooked oat bran cereal
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup raisins
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, pumpkin and oil; stir in cereal just until moistened. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in pecans and raisins.
- Pour into a greased 10-in. tube pan. Bake at 350° for 60-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in pan for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely. Dust with confectioners' sugar before serving if desired.
Editor's NoteLook for oat bran cereal near the hot cereals or in the natural foods section.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 388 calories, 18g fat (2g saturated fat), 53mg cholesterol, 222mg sodium, 54g carbohydrate (32g sugars, 4g fiber), 6g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 2, 2016
awful. made this for a holiday party without testing the recipe first and well, that will be the last time that i ever do that, AND make this cake. followed the recipe exactly and it was incredibly DRY and almost tasteless. embarrassed and highly disappointing! :(
Nov 21, 2010
I have been making this cake for 12 years. I lost my recipe and am thrilled to see it on the website. It is wonderful! Robin, Colorado Springs, CO
Oct 21, 2010
i just had the oat bran cereal that was nice!!i
Oct 21, 2010
its in the oven so will see,very very thick batter! ,
Jun 28, 2009
Ruby. The recipe looks great. Will be trying soon. Is your middle name Louise and are you from Catahoula Parish ?
Jun 27, 2009
What is oat bran cereal?