I like serving this pumpkin queso with veggie chips like sweet potato or kale, but it's also great with good old tortilla chips. It can be made with vegetable stock and gluten-free flour if you have dietary restrictions. —Darla Andrews, Schertz, Texas
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 cups shredded extra sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Tortilla chips
- Pumpkin seeds and minced cilantro, optional
- In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in flour until smooth; gradually whisk in stock and cream. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir until thickened, 4-5 minutes. Stir in cheese, pumpkin and seasonings until cheese is melted. Serve with tortilla chips and if desired, sprinkle with pumpkin seeds and cilantro.