I love pumpkin, and this recipegiven to me by my mother—takes only minutes to make! I consider it a harvest pudding...perfect for the fall and the holidays.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 cup solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups cold milk
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- Additional whipped cream, optional
- Additional ground cinnamon, optional
- In a bowl, combine pumpkin, molasses and spices. Gradually add milk. Add pudding mix; beat slowly with an electric mixer until thick, about 1 minute. Fold in whipped cream.
- Pour into a serving bowl or individual serving dishes. Chill for 1 hour. If desired, top each serving with a dollop of whipped cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 95 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 183mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Pumpkin Pudding in Grandma's Great Desserts Cookbook