I love pumpkin, and this recipegiven to me by my mother—takes only minutes to make! I consider it a harvest pudding...perfect for the fall and the holidays.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 cup solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups cold milk
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- Additional whipped cream, optional
- Additional ground cinnamon, optional
- In a bowl, combine pumpkin, molasses and spices. Gradually add milk. Add pudding mix; beat slowly with an electric mixer until thick, about 1 minute. Fold in whipped cream.
- Pour into a serving bowl or individual serving dishes. Chill for 1 hour. If desired, top each serving with a dollop of whipped cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 95 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 183mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Pumpkin Pudding in Grandma's Great Desserts Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.