Pumpkin Pound Cake
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 1 hour 20 min. + cooling
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3 cups sugar
- 5 large Nellie’s Free Range Eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon apple pie spice
- 1 cup solid-pack pumpkin
- 2 tablespoons rum extract
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a bowl, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, soda, salt, cloves and pie spice.
- In a small bowl, combine pumpkin and rum extract. Add dry ingredients to creamed mixture alternately with pumpkin mixture. Pour into a greased and floured 12-cup fluted tube pan.
- Bake at 325° for 80-90 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Dust with confectioners' sugar.
Dec 3, 2012
Large cake and very moist. My family loved it. The cake has a milder flavor than other pumpkin cakes/breads.
Oct 22, 2011
I didn't rate this recipe because I baked it at 350 instead of 325. This might have been why my cake sank in the middle halfway through baking. (I didn't open oven, just looked through the door.) Even so, there might be an error with the amount of rum extract. I only used one tbsp and the flavor was very strong. Maybe it should have been 2 tsp. ??
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.