- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped roasted sweet red peppers, drained
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 tubes (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- Pretzel sticks, optional
- Fresh cilantro leaves, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. Beat cream cheese until smooth. Beat in mozzarella, red peppers and seasonings until blended. Unroll tubes of crescent dough and separate each into two rectangles; press perforations to seal.
- Spread cheese mixture over each rectangle. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a short side; pinch seam to seal. Wrap in plastic, and chill at least 1 hour.
- Cut each roll crosswise into eight slices; place on ungreased baking sheets, cut side down. Bake until golden brown, 20-22 minutes. If desired, decorate with pretzel sticks and cilantro leaves to look like pumpkins. Yield: 32 pinwheels
Reviews forPumpkin Pinwheels
"I have not made these yet but have baked enough to know this idea will work nicely. I gave five stars as I like the combination of ingredients and ease in using a premade dough. The name comes from the placement of pretzels and herb leaves to look like a pumpkin. No pumpkin flavor nor pulp is used."
"I'm wondering why they are called Pumpkin Pinwheels when there is no pumpkin in the recipe. Was something left out."