Pumpkin Pie Spiced Pecans
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1-1/4 pounds pecan halves (about 5 cups)
- Combine the sugar, pie spice, salt and ginger; set aside. In a Dutch oven, bring the water, honey and oil to a boil. Add pecans; cook and stir until all of the liquid is evaporated, about 1 minute. Immediately sprinkle with reserved sugar mixture; toss to coat.
- Transfer to an ungreased 15x10x1-in. baking sheet. Bake at 325° for 15-20 minutes or until browned, stirring twice. Cool on a wire rack. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup: 202 calories, 20g fat (2g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 59mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein.
Dec 31, 2010
Delicious and healthy! My favorite nut recipe.
Nov 21, 2010
I use stevia instead of sugar/honey, and mix almonds with the pecans. So yummy, I have made it twice!
Nov 9, 2009
These are mildly spiced/sweetened. My husband really likes them.
Oct 16, 2009
My kids loved these nuts
Dec 4, 2008
Pecans can be very expensive. You could substitute walnuts or almonds.
Nov 24, 2008
thank you Tari for a delicious recipe. My first batch was devoured at our monthly senior dance. I'm getting ready to make more for holiday gifts.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.