Pumpkin Pie Marshmallows
Love pumpkin spice lattes? Let these pale orange, fall-flavored marshmallows slowly melt in your favorite hot coffee or cocoa. Pure bliss! —Jennifer Rodriguez, West Jordan, UT
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Cook: 25 min. + standing
Makesabout 9-1/2 dozen
- 1/2 cup plus 3/4 cup water, divided
- 1/2 cup pumpkin pie filling
- 4 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 3 cups sugar
- 1-1/4 cups light corn syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice, optional
- Line a 13x9-in. pan with foil; coat with cooking spray.
- In a heatproof bowl of a stand mixer, combine 1/2 cup water and pie filling. Sprinkle gelatin over top to soften.
- In a large heavy saucepan, combine sugar, corn syrup, salt and remaining water. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Cook, without stirring, over medium heat until a candy thermometer reads 240° (soft-ball stage).
- Remove from heat; slowly drizzle into gelatin, beating on high speed. Continue beating until very stiff and doubled in volume, about 10 minutes. Spread into prepared pan. Cover and let cool at room temperature 6 hours or overnight.
- In a small bowl, combine confectioners' sugar and, if desired, pumpkin pie spice. Using foil, lift candy out of pan. Using a lightly buttered knife or kitchen scissors, cut into 1-in. pieces. Roll in confectioners' sugar mixture. Store in an airtight container in a cool, dry place.
- To Make Ahead: Store marshmallows, layered between waxed paper, in airtight containers in the refrigerator up to 1 week.
- Freeze option: Freeze marshmallows in freezer containers up to 1 month.
Editor's NoteWe recommend that you test your candy thermometer before each use by bringing water to a boil; the thermometer should read 212°. Adjust your recipe temperature up or down based on your test.
Nutrition Facts1 marshmallow: 32 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 9mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.
Originally published as Pumpkin Pie Marshmallows in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2016