Pumpkin Pie Kit
—Rowenna Hamper, Mishawaka, Indiana
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 45 min. + cooling
- 2-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 can (15 ounces) pumpkin
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mace or nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- Preheat oven to 425°. In a small bowl, mix graham cracker crumbs and sugar; stir in butter. Press onto bottom and up sides of a 2 greased 9-in. metal pie plates. Bake until lightly browned, 5-7 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, beat filling ingredients until blended. Divide evenly between crusts. Bake on a middle oven rack 15 minutes. Reduce oven setting to 350°. Bake until center is set, 25-30 minutes longer. Cool completely on a wire rack. Store in the refrigerator.Toaster oven option: Preheat toaster oven to 425°. Prepare crusts as directed. Bake until lightly browned, 5-7 minutes. Cool on a wire rack. Combine filling ingredients; pour into crusts. Bake until center is set, 25-30 minutes.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 245 calories, 12g fat (6g saturated fat), 51mg cholesterol, 239mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (23g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Deployment Pumpkin Pie Kit in Taste of Home October/November 2019
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.