- 1 can (15 ounces) canned pumpkin
- 1 can (12 ounces) fat-free evaporated milk
- 8 large egg whites
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Sweetened whipped cream and additional cinnamon, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place ten 6-oz. ramekins or custard cups coated with cooking spray in a 15x10x1-in. baking pan.
- In a large bowl, beat first four ingredients until smooth. Add sugar, salt and spices; mix well. Divide among ramekins.
- Bake until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean, 40-45 minutes. Cool on a wire rack; serve or refrigerate within 2 hours. If desired, top with whipped cream and sprinkle with cinnamon. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews forPumpkin Pie Custard
"I absolutely LOVE pumpkin pie, but not the sugar and calories. I was excited to try this recipe, but was disappointed with the bland taste. I didn't change anything in the recipe except substituting the sugar with stevia. Sweetness wasn't the problem. Of course, I could experiment with additional spices, but I'm not too sure it's a keeper. Maybe I'll give it one more try with some adjustments."
"i did not like it"
"This is a great recipe. I often don't like the crust from pumpkin pie - this is perfect! I think its best when its cold!!! It was delightful."
"I love this one! i use splenda instead of the sugar and it still is great. Even my little ones enjoy it!"
"Wonderful! I have made this in custard cups topped with Cool Whip probably 25 times. I use Splenda and it comes out great. My husband should not have sugar. He wants this all the time!"
"Was good. Tasted just like the previous pie recipe. Love pumpkin in low cal servings like this."