Pumpkin Pie Cups
Around our house, we get tired of the same thing several days after Thanksgiving is over. Wanting to try something different, my mom and I created these cute, bitesize desserts. —Amy Lee, Bonne Terre, Missouri
Total TimePrep: 35 min. + chilling
- 1 package (12 ounces) dark chocolate chips
- 4 teaspoons shortening or coconut oil
- 2 packages (8 ounces each ) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 prepared 9-in. pumpkin pie
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Using a narrow pastry brush, brush the inside of 2-in. foil muffin liners with a thin layer of melted chocolate, leaving a 1/8 inch rim unpainted at the top. Refrigerate for 15 minutes or until firm. Repeat layers 3 times.
- Meanwhile, in a food processor, puree the pie. Add the cream cheese, sugar and brown sugar and pulse until light and fluffy.
- Spoon or pipe pumpkin mixture into chocolate shells. Chill until serving.