Pumpkin Pie Cupcakes Recipe
- 1-3/4 cups mashed cooked or canned pumpkin
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large egg whites
- 2-2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- CINNAMON-CLOVE BUTTERCREAM:
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 2-3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1. In a large bowl, beat the pumpkin, sugars, applesauce, oil, eggs and egg whites until well blended. Combine the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, salt, nutmeg and cloves; gradually beat into pumpkin mixture until blended.
- 2. Fill 20 foil-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- 3. In a small bowl, beat butter and shortening until fluffy. Add the confectioners’ sugar, cinnamon and cloves; beat until smooth. Spread over cupcakes; sprinkle with walnuts. Yield: 20 servings.
1 cupcake: 341 calories, 16g fat (6g saturated fat), 37mg cholesterol, 301mg sodium, 48g carbohydrate (33g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Pumpkin Pie Cupcakes
"After reading everyone's comments about the sides sticking, I increased the flour to 3 and 1/2 cups. I also used 3 whole eggs. Because I'm taking them somewhere and don't want the plastic to stick, I decided to insert the nozzle into the cupcakes and fill them instead of frosting them. Not quite as pretty, but less messy. I skipped the nutmeg, and I only put cinnamon in the filling--and then I used the same filling for the Double chocolate Cupcakes recipe too. Yum!"
"These cupcakes are really good. The recipe makes 24 cupcakes but I made only 12. They turned out pretty big and I baked them for 10 minutes longer. For the buttercream icing I had to add some milk, which is not in the recipe, to get it the right consistency. I topped mine with mini chocolate chips instead of walnuts."
"Wonderful, but double the frosting."
"These are fantastic! The only thing I would do is double the frosting recipe..I like more than a thin layer of frosting! Can't wait to share them."
"These cupcakes were delicious! They were so moist and flavorful. I have a pumpkin obsession around this time of year and would definitely make these again. The only issue that I had was that the cupcake stuck to the liner when trying to eat them-minor issue."
"Very delicious! I had minor problems with the frosting, too. I added a bit more milk and super whipped it. Everyone loved them, and I will have to try the layer cake that another reviewer made."
"Indeed, milk added to the icing is a must. But I was surprised at the excellent pairing of icing and cupcake, and at how moist they were!"