Pumpkin Pie Cupcakes
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 15 min. + cooling
- 1-3/4 cups mashed cooked or canned pumpkin
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large egg whites
- 2-2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- CINNAMON-CLOVE BUTTERCREAM:
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 2-3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, beat the pumpkin, sugars, applesauce, oil, eggs and egg whites until well blended. Combine the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, salt, nutmeg and cloves; gradually beat into pumpkin mixture until blended.
- Fill 20 foil-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, beat butter and shortening until fluffy. Add the confectioners’ sugar, cinnamon and cloves; beat until smooth. Spread over cupcakes; sprinkle with walnuts.
Nutrition Facts1 cupcake: 341 calories, 16g fat (6g saturated fat), 37mg cholesterol, 301mg sodium, 48g carbohydrate (33g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Oct 2, 2018
Pumpkin Pie Spice Cupcakes - I usually don't like trying new recipes even though I have a million cookbooks but I wanted something different - they did not disappoint! I didn't have ground cloves so I just used pumpkin pie spice. They are very flavorful and moist. I did put chopped pecans on top of icing and sprinkled with a little more pumpkin pie spice . Very easy recipe to follow. Thanks for sharing. Definitely a keeper.
Sep 12, 2017
This Pumpkin Pie Cupcakes recipe is so simple. I made it for a birthday and! everyone absolutely LOVED it! Also, it was my first time ever making a homemade cake. Thanks for sharing.https://www.cakengifts.in/cake-delivery-in-kalkaji-delhihttps://www.cakengifts.in/cake-delivery-in-lajpat-nagar-delhi
Oct 28, 2016
After reading everyone's comments about the sides sticking, I increased the flour to 3 and 1/2 cups. I also used 3 whole eggs. Because I'm taking them somewhere and don't want the plastic to stick, I decided to insert the nozzle into the cupcakes and fill them instead of frosting them. Not quite as pretty, but less messy. I skipped the nutmeg, and I only put cinnamon in the filling--and then I used the same filling for the Double Chocolate Cupcakes recipe too. Yum!
Mar 31, 2016
These cupcakes are really good. The recipe makes 24 cupcakes but I made only 12. They turned out pretty big and I baked them for 10 minutes longer. For the buttercream icing I had to add some milk, which is not in the recipe, to get it the right consistency. I topped mine with mini chocolate chips instead of walnuts.
Nov 18, 2015
Wonderful, but double the frosting.
Nov 4, 2014
These are fantastic! The only thing I would do is double the frosting recipe..I like more than a thin layer of frosting! Can't wait to share them.
Nov 15, 2013
These cupcakes were delicious! They were so moist and flavorful. I have a pumpkin obsession around this time of year and would definitely make these again. The only issue that I had was that the cupcake stuck to the liner when trying to eat them-minor issue.
Nov 6, 2013
Very delicious! I had minor problems with the frosting, too. I added a bit more milk and super whipped it. Everyone loved them, and I will have to try the layer cake that another reviewer made.
Oct 14, 2013
Amazing! I made a two-layer cake and doubled the frosting. I sprinkled the top of the cake with chopped pecans.
Sep 29, 2013
I also had to add some milk to the frosting. The baking time was also off by 10 minutes. I had to bake them about 30 minutes. Other than that, they are very moist and delicious.