Pumpkin Pie Cupcakes with Whipped Cream
Total TimePrep: 45 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie crust
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- WHIPPED CREAM:
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- Ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line 24 muffin cups with foil liners.
- On a work surface, unroll crust. Cut 24 circles with a floured 2-1/4-in. round cookie cutter, rerolling scraps as necessary. Press one crust circle into each liner. Bake until lightly browned, 10-12 minutes. Cool on wire racks.
- In a large bowl, beat pumpkin, eggs, oil, water and vanilla until well blended. In another bowl, whisk flour, sugar, cornstarch, baking powder, baking soda, pie spice and salt; gradually beat into pumpkin mixture. Pour 1/4 cup batter into each prepared cup.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 20-25 minutes, rotating pans halfway through baking. Cool in pans 10 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
- For whipped cream, in a large bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add confectioners' sugar; beat until soft peaks form. To serve, dollop over cupcakes; sprinkle with cinnamon.
Nutrition Facts1 cupcake: 297 calories, 15g fat (6g saturated fat), 60mg cholesterol, 185mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Sep 20, 2016
These are very good. I did change a couple of things though. I didn't put the pie crust in the bottom of the cupcake liner and I added cinnamon to the whipped cream instead of sprinkling it on top.
Dec 27, 2015
So easy! Awesome Fall cupcake. Cause who doesn't love Pumpkin!