Pumpkin Pie Cupcakes with Whipped Cream
Total TimePrep: 45 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- WHIPPED CREAM:
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- Ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line 24 muffin cups with foil liners.
- On a work surface, unroll pastry sheet. Cut 24 circles with a floured 2-1/4-in. round cookie cutter, rerolling scraps as necessary. Press one pastry circle into each liner. Bake 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on wire racks.
- In a large bowl, beat pumpkin, eggs, oil, water and vanilla until well blended. In another bowl, whisk flour, sugar, cornstarch, baking powder, baking soda, pie spice and salt; gradually beat into pumpkin mixture. Pour 1/4 cup batter into each prepared cup.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, rotating pans halfway through baking. Cool in pans 10 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
- For whipped cream, in a large bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add confectioners' sugar; beat until soft peaks form. To serve, dollop over cupcakes; sprinkle with cinnamon.
Nutrition Facts1 cupcake: 297 calories, 15g fat (6g saturated fat), 60mg cholesterol, 185mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Sep 20, 2016
These are very good. I did change a couple of things though. I didn't put the pie crust in the bottom of the cupcake liner and I added cinnamon to the whipped cream instead of sprinkling it on top.
Dec 27, 2015
So easy! Awesome Fall cupcake. Cause who doesn't love Pumpkin!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.