- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- WHIPPED CREAM:
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- Ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line 24 muffin cups with foil liners.
- On a work surface, unroll pastry sheet. Cut 24 circles with a floured 2-1/4-in. round cookie cutter, rerolling scraps as necessary. Press one pastry circle into each liner. Bake 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on wire racks.
- In a large bowl, beat pumpkin, eggs, oil, water and vanilla until well blended. In another bowl, whisk flour, sugar, cornstarch, baking powder, baking soda, pie spice and salt; gradually beat into pumpkin mixture. Pour 1/4 cup batter into each prepared cup.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, rotating pans halfway through baking. Cool in pans 10 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
- For whipped cream, in a large bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add confectioners' sugar; beat until soft peaks form. To serve, dollop over cupcakes; sprinkle with cinnamon. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews forPumpkin Pie Cupcakes with Whipped Cream
"These are very good. I did change a couple of things though. I didn't put the pie crust in the bottom of the cupcake liner and I added cinnamon to the whipped cream instead of sprinkling it on top."
"So easy! Awesome Fall cupcake. Cause who doesn't love Pumpkin!"